Bringing a network to life
Manhattan Associates provides software and professional services that help customers ranging from American Eagle Outfitters to Walmart optimize their all-important supply chains. The company’s expertise has a major impact on its customers’ efficiency and bottom lines – and now it’s using Yammer to do the same for its own organization.
Mobile Collaboration to Stay connected anytime, anywhere
Yammer is now the glue that connects Manhattan Associates’ globally dispersed offices in nine countries and highly mobile workforce (nearly 60 percent of its 2,200 employees). “With Yammer, everyone I need to communicate with is just a click away,” says Senior Consultant Zach Zalowitz. “Anywhere, anytime connectivity makes the world a smaller place.” Thanks to Yammer’s knowledge-management capabilities, insight and successes are captured so they can be replicated for other customers – which improves customer satisfaction as well as the bottom line. And marrying the network’s social functionality with key applications like SharePoint increases productivity even more.
“We help companies with distribution complexity manage everything from warehouses to the trucks that ship inventory. That’s where we shine: taking complexity and simplifying it,” explains Chief Financial Officer Dennis Story. “That’s what I love about Yammer. It does the same for us.”
- Nearly universal adoption. Employees don’t just use Yammer, they embrace it. In the first month, 90 percent signed up; today 98 percent of the workforce is on board.
- An end to silos. Yammer transcends organizational and geographical boundaries, so R&D knows what’s going on with professional services, and the Atlanta HQ is attuned to the Tokyo and Bangalore offices.
- An empowered mobile workforce. Half of the company’s staff is mobile, and with Yammer, they can tap into the corporate network to collaborate and get the answers they need on the go.
- Effective knowledge management. Questions are answered quickly and solutions are shared so they can be replicated.
- A better bottom line. By bringing social to its IT infrastructure, Manhattan Associates increases customer satisfaction and billable hours.