With Killer Speaker Lineup, Hacktoberfest and Certifications, YamJam12 Has Something For Everyone
The big event — our first annual conference YamJam ’12 — is right around the corner, and we are excited to announce new speakers, events and digital networking experiences! There’s something for everyone — from sessions and keynotes, to galas and hackdays, and even a private community and certifications.
Let’s take a closer look:
Star speaker lineup
We are tremendously excited about the lineup of speakers across keynotes and breakout sessions, and here’s just a sampling:
- David Sacks, founder and CEO of Yammer
- Adam Pisoni, co-founder and CTO of Yammer
- Jeff Teper, corporate vice president, Office Division of Microsoft
- Daniel Pink, best-selling author and speaker, whose TED talk has been one of the top 20 most-watched talks of all time
- David Kirkpatrick, Internet and technology expert, author of The Facebook Effect
- Charlene Li – Founder and analyst, Altimeter Group
- Greg Moran, senior vice president and CIO, IT Infrastructure and Operations, Nationwide
- Raymond Velez, CTO, Razorfish
- Ira Gottlieb, vice president, Global Communications, Tyco Fire & Security
- Chris Laping, senior vice president, Business Transformation and CIO, Red Robin
- Nikos Drakos – Research director, Gartner
- Erik Weihenmayer, a motivational speaker and author
As a paid attendee, you will be able to meet these speakers and other attendees in person, as well as through the YamJam’12 private community. If you already registered, please make sure to join it for up-to-date information about the conference and San Francisco, as well as to meet and collaborate with speakers and attendees.
YamJam’12 will feature 4 separate tracks with 21 sessions to choose from:
- Yammer Intel: The Product Deep Dive track will take a deep dive into Yammer’s features – including integrations, mobile, and security – and join the conversation about how the cloud and consumerization are raising the bar for innovation. The track will feature a talks by Adam Pisoni on the Yammer “secret sauce,” product roadmap discussion by Jim Patterson and discussions on consumerization, mobility, analytics and the Yammer platform experience.
- Leadership and Corporate Culture: Rewritten track will deal with the cultural transformation going on in enterprises right now. The new enterprise is open, connected and decentralized. Hear from forward-thinking executives who have embraced transparent leadership and see how they use Yammer to transform their companies into communities of empowered and engaged employees. Includes sessions on open leadership (featuring Charlene Li and company executives), the evolving role of internal communication, what a “Social DNA” looks like, engaging a global workforce and getting executive support.
- YamWins: Advanced Enterprise Social Studies track will focus on success stories of customer companies that have turned to Yammer and won big. See how visionary organizations all over the world are taking enterprise social to the next level by activating their networks in advanced ways to boost performance, productivity, and customer satisfaction. Includes sessions on community management and design, developing a “customers first” organization, consumerization of IT, talent development and becoming a lean, mean, competitive machine. This track will also feature a deep dive with customer Tyco.
- DevJam: Rewire the Enterprise track will focus on the consumerization movement; learn how you can take advantage of the Yammer platform to make employees more productive and help companies move faster.
Celebrate with us at the YamJam ‘12 gala on Monday, October 29 at 7:00 p.m at City View at METREON. We’ll be transforming the City View space into the “Streets of San Francisco” with food carts inspired by the city’s different neighborhoods. There will also be a special live performance by local band Tainted Love. Don’t miss it!
Yammer will also be hosting its first annual Hacktoberfest for developers at its headquarters in San Francisco on Sunday, Oct. 28. Judges include executives from Yammer and Microsoft as well as Mamoon Hamid, general partner, Social + Capital Partnership and Ravi Belani, managing director of Alchemist Accelerator. Prizes include up to $5,000 in cash and an exclusive spot in Alchemist Accelerator.
Why not put your Yammer skills to the test? Attend one of our pre-conference training sessions to become a Yammer Certified Professional and learn how to build a more open and connected culture of empowered employees. These hands-on sessions are a special opportunity for users, admins, and trainers to advance their skills in a classroom setting under the instruction of a Yammer expert. Choose from: power user, administrator and trainer certifications.
YamJam’12 will happen on October 28-30, 2012, at The Westin St. Francis in San Francisco. A special rate at The Westin St. Francis is available for YamJam ’12 attendees. For more information, or to register, please visit www.yamjam.com.